Vacation of a Public Way

Petitions for Vacation of a Public Way are considered by the Whitley County Commissioners.  The general procedure is dictated by Indiana Code 36-7-3-12.  Whitley County has adopted Ordinance No. 0-93-24 which further explains the procedure, including a filing fee of $500.00 as amended by Ordinance No. 2004-11.  Procedural questions can be answered by the Whitley County Engineer where, by ordinance, petitions are received.